Wednesday, December 11, 2013

DIY Mug Design

I have had many people ask me how to make this mug design...

(Photobomb = Molson)

1) Find sticker(s) that you would like to use. I had some very large stickers and wanted to give Josh an early Christmas present. He has been complaining that all of our mugs are too small, so I used a BIG "D" sticker for his BIG MUG!

2) Place the sticker(s) of your choosing on the mug. You can even use multiple stickers to do initials. 

3) Use a permanent marker to make dots around the sticker and inside the sticker. Once you are satisfied with your design take the sticker off. I added some dots after I took the sticker off too.

4) Put the mug in the oven on 350 degrees for 30 minutes to set the permanent marker.

Warning: Do not burn yourself when you are putting the mug in the oven. This girl burned herself on the coils on the top of the oven. OUCH!

Recommendation: I was told to not put your mug in the dishwasher or it could ruin your design. ONLY hand wash!

Family Recommendation: This could be a really fun activity for the family to do! You could either keep the mugs you make or give them as gifts. Grandma and Grandpa always love handmade gifts!

Pup Recommendation: Need a gift idea for a pet lover in your family? I think this would be such a cute idea to use a dog sticker and then you could write some words around the dog design like "Woof", "Ruff", "Pup Love," or you could even write their dog's name.

If you end up making a mug of your own, please share it with me!
Enjoy!

Bark About It
KD

No comments:

Post a Comment