Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DIY Dog Treats ((Frozen Apple Bites))

This is a super EASY and a very INEXPENSIVE treat for your dog!

I call them... 

FROZEN APPLE BITES


Ingredients/Items:
  • 1 Apple
  • Chicken Broth or Water
  • Ice Cube Tray


Steps:
  • Cut up apple into cubes or strips.
  • Place apple strips into ice tray.
  • Pour chicken broth or water into ice tray.
  • Freeze and wait...
  • Give to your pup on a hot summer day or after a long walk! 

Modifications:
  • Use beef broth instead of chicken.
  • Use other fruits or veggies. (DO NOT USE GRAPES OR RAISINS)
  • Use yogurt instead of broth or water.

"Quit taking pictures Mom and let me have my frozen treat!"

My dogs go CRAZY when I accidentally drop ice on the floor, so this recipe just adds some flavor to it! This has definitely become their favorite treat!


Bark About It
KD

6 comments:

  1. Great Post!! I love that they are healthy treats for dogs! I will have to make these for Murphy as soon as I make a trip to the store. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know what kind of frozen bite you end up making for Murphy! :)

      Delete
  2. I make frozen chicken or beef stock Dixie cup pops all the time for my dogs. I use the unsalted or the very low sodium kind (140 mil. per cup) because they will not have thirst problems from it. Trader Joe's low sodium chicken broth is great because it is inexpensive compared to other brands. My vet told me long ago to watch the sodium when we give our dogs human foods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easy to make and Chloe loved them

    ReplyDelete
  4. On this page you can read my interests, write something special. IS CBD FOR PETS LEGAL?

    ReplyDelete